GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Storage Bench - Recommendations (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/84689-storage-bench-recommendations.html)

Martin Sykes 07-10-2004 01:59 PM

Storage Bench - Recommendations

I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Paul Giverin 08-10-2004 10:03 AM

In message , Martin Sykes
writes
I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

If all else fails you could probably make one yourself. Looking at the
picture, there's not much to it (flat packed) and you could make one
with the higher back you require. You can buy pinewood boards in 600mm
widths and varying lengths which would be suitable if treated. A hand
saw and a jigsaw would probably be all you need in the way of tools.

--
Paul Giverin

Helen Hartley 15-10-2004 02:30 PM

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Plans for similar with high back:

(watchout for wordwrap)

http://popularmechanics.mondosearch....CHES+workbench

Helen

Martin Sykes 15-10-2004 02:41 PM

"Helen Hartley" wrote in message

Plans for similar with high back:

(watchout for wordwrap)

http://popularmechanics.mondosearch....CHES+workbench

Helen

Thanks for that. I want something a bit more ornate but I can use that as a
starting point.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )