Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Registered User

Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Default Mayors Tail & Landscaping costs!

Hi

I'm a very inexperienced gardener, but enjoy having a go!

We've recently moved into a house where the garden is nothing short of a mess. We need a patio removed and an area that is overrun with a combination of weeds/plants removed. It's too big a job for someone as inexperienced as we are, does anyone have any idea of what this may cost before I make enquiries...also, when is the best time to get it done.

2nd question, I have privet hedges down both sides of the garden, the bottom of which is overgrown with a weed that I'm told is called Mayors tail. I've tried to dig it out but can't get in because of the hedge roots, anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of it, it's even coming up through the grass and is everywhere in the patch that I mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for any help!