GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blueberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/85267-blueberries.html)

Pam Moore 20-10-2004 03:44 PM

Blueberries

I am not sure what to do with my blueberry bush in a pot. I have had
a reasonable amount of berries for 2 years and the bush is about 3 ft
high.
Should I prune, if so how much and when, please?

Pam in Bristol

Tim Challenger 20-10-2004 03:51 PM

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:44:42 GMT, Pam Moore wrote:

I am not sure what to do with my blueberry bush in a pot. I have had
a reasonable amount of berries for 2 years and the bush is about 3 ft
high.
Should I prune, if so how much and when, please?

Pam in Bristol

What I've read suggests they don't need pruning, just the odd trim if they
get straggly. I've only had mine jut the one year so I haven't done
anything to them yet.
--
Tim C.

Dwayne 21-10-2004 02:23 AM

You cut out anything that is dead. Next year or the year after, if there
are a lot of branches coming up, you should cut out the older ones to make
room for the new. Other than that, pruning is not needed.

Dwayne