Old 20-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Pam Moore

Default Blueberries

I am not sure what to do with my blueberry bush in a pot. I have had
a reasonable amount of berries for 2 years and the bush is about 3 ft
high.
Should I prune, if so how much and when, please?

Pam in Bristol
Old 20-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Tim Challenger

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:44:42 GMT, Pam Moore wrote:

I am not sure what to do with my blueberry bush in a pot. I have had
a reasonable amount of berries for 2 years and the bush is about 3 ft
high.
Should I prune, if so how much and when, please?

Pam in Bristol

What I've read suggests they don't need pruning, just the odd trim if they
get straggly. I've only had mine jut the one year so I haven't done
anything to them yet.
--
Tim C.
Old 21-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Dwayne

You cut out anything that is dead. Next year or the year after, if there
are a lot of branches coming up, you should cut out the older ones to make
room for the new. Other than that, pruning is not needed.

Dwayne