Old 25-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Joanne

Default Hedge Trimmers Tooth Spacing

Could someone explain "tooth spacing" on hedge trimmers? I'm choosing
between two trimmers; one has tooth spacing of 23mm and the other 14mm. I
want it simply for the twice-yearly trimming of the soft tips from a conifer
hedge, nothing heavy duty.

Thanks.

Old 25-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Emrys Davies

'Joanne',

The greater the space between the teeth the larger the tips\branches
which can be cut.

For instance, if you had a spacing between the teeth of 30mm then,
whether the twigs\branches be thin or as thick as your finger, there
would be ample room for them to pass between the cutter-blade teeth.

It would appear that 14mm will meet your present requirements.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

The tooth fairy? harry United Kingdom 11 27-10-2011 05:05 PM
Tooth and claw Kathy United Kingdom 2 16-06-2009 05:36 PM
wide tooth hedge trimmer identification needed rb Lawns 1 18-02-2007 02:07 PM
Gas Powered Hedge Trimmers for Pruning Azalea? Roy Gardening 2 17-10-2003 03:02 PM