GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where's the frost then? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/8557-re-wheres-frost-then.html)

Dave Hunt 19-10-2002 01:40 AM

Where's the frost then?

Subject: Where's the frost then?
From: "Saffy"
Date: 18/10/2002 20:03 GMT Standard Time

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
Weathermen have been promising one for days and still no sign - I'm sick

of
eating runner beans, but haven't the heart to cut the plants down while

they
are still providing yet more beans. Come on frost - I'm starting to look
like Mr Bean!

Drakanthus.

I think we have got your frost as well - feels like its not been much above
freezing all day. Had to scrape the car again today.

Frost on the car roof this evening...East Shropshire....!! first of the year

Dave Hunt...Shropshire
----share what you know...learn what you don't----

William Tasso 19-10-2002 07:05 AM

Where's the frost then?

"Drakanthus" wrote:
Weathermen have been promising one for days and still no sign [...]

take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

lurker 19-10-2002 07:19 AM

Where's the frost then?

"Drakanthus" wrote:
Weathermen have been promising one for days and still no sign

SE Cornwall had what looks like a bad frost last night.
I would argue thats early for us!

Peter 19-10-2002 08:00 AM

Where's the frost then?

Frosty morning here in Birmingham!

Peter

---

Pia 19-10-2002 08:04 AM

Where's the frost then?

and in Hertfordshire

Pia

Drakanthus 19-10-2002 09:13 AM

Where's the frost then?

take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Guess what - everything is white over this morning!
And it looks like it hit the runner beans ;-)

Drakanthus.

William Tasso 19-10-2002 09:24 AM

Where's the frost then?

"Drakanthus" wrote:
take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Guess what - everything is white over this morning!
And it looks like it hit the runner beans ;-)

bloody cold out here this morning, but not a cloud in the sky - looks like
it's gonna be a cracker ;o)

--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Sue 19-10-2002 10:41 AM

Where's the frost then?

"Pia" wrote
and in Hertfordshire

And Norfolk. Pretty sharp by the looks of things.
Had to de-ice the windscreen this a.m. but to make up for it it's turned
into a beautifully sunny day. P'raps I can get some pansies and wallflowers
in now the rain has stopped at last.

Sue

VivienB 19-10-2002 11:15 AM

Where's the frost then?

And West Wiltshire (ie very near Somerset border)

VivienB

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:04:50 +0100, "Pia"
wrote:

and in Hertfordshire

Pia

Mary Fisher 19-10-2002 05:26 PM

Where's the frost then?

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Guess what - everything is white over this morning!
And it looks like it hit the runner beans ;-)

I don't think it hit ours but I did pick the longer ones yesterday,
expecting frost.

If I'd got in quicker I'd have offered to take them off your hands ...

Mary

Drakanthus.

Mary Fisher 19-10-2002 05:28 PM

Where's the frost then?

"Sue" wrote in message

"Pia" wrote
and in Hertfordshire

And Norfolk. Pretty sharp by the looks of things.
Had to de-ice the windscreen this a.m. but to make up for it it's turned
into a beautifully sunny day. P'raps I can get some pansies and

wallflowers
in now the rain has stopped at last.

That's what I was going to do but spent the afternoon in the greenhouse.
Well worth it, I got carrots and beetroot in. The pretties will have to
wait.

Mary

Sue

Janet Tweedy 19-10-2002 07:22 PM

Where's the frost then?

In article , Saffy
writes

I think we have got your frost as well - feels like its not been much above
freezing all day. Had to scrape the car again today.

Saffy.

Amersham definitely got the frost this morning, had to scrape the car
windows before taking the dogs out for their walk! Caught my Ipomea over
the greenhouse and blackened it but little else damaged as yet.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Andy Spragg 19-10-2002 11:54 PM

Where's the frost then?

"Pia" pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:04:50 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ and in Hertfordshire

and in Bucks

^ "Peter" wrote in message
^ ...

^ Frosty morning here in Birmingham!
^
^ Peter

Andy

--
sparge at globalnet point co point uk

Life begins at kilofortnight

Bush 20-10-2002 09:30 PM

Where's the frost then?

Janet Tweedy wrote:

Amersham definitely got the frost this morning, had to scrape the car
windows before taking the dogs out for their walk!

What a strange way to walk a dog.