Old 19-10-2002, 07:05 AM
William Tasso

Default Where's the frost then?

"Drakanthus" wrote:
Weathermen have been promising one for days and still no sign [...]

take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Old 19-10-2002, 07:19 AM
lurker

"Drakanthus" wrote:
Weathermen have been promising one for days and still no sign

SE Cornwall had what looks like a bad frost last night.
I would argue thats early for us!

Old 19-10-2002, 08:00 AM
Peter

Frosty morning here in Birmingham!

Peter

---

Old 19-10-2002, 08:04 AM
Pia

and in Hertfordshire

Pia

Old 19-10-2002, 09:13 AM
Drakanthus

take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Guess what - everything is white over this morning!
And it looks like it hit the runner beans ;-)

Drakanthus.

Old 19-10-2002, 09:24 AM
William Tasso

"Drakanthus" wrote:
take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Guess what - everything is white over this morning!
And it looks like it hit the runner beans ;-)

bloody cold out here this morning, but not a cloud in the sky - looks like
it's gonna be a cracker ;o)

--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Old 19-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Sue

"Pia" wrote
and in Hertfordshire

And Norfolk. Pretty sharp by the looks of things.
Had to de-ice the windscreen this a.m. but to make up for it it's turned
into a beautifully sunny day. P'raps I can get some pansies and wallflowers
in now the rain has stopped at last.

Sue

Old 19-10-2002, 11:15 AM
VivienB

And West Wiltshire (ie very near Somerset border)

VivienB

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:04:50 +0100, "Pia"
wrote:

and in Hertfordshire

Pia

Old 19-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Mary Fisher

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
take care when you call upon demons
--
William Tasso - http://www.tbdata.com/

Guess what - everything is white over this morning!
And it looks like it hit the runner beans ;-)

I don't think it hit ours but I did pick the longer ones yesterday,
expecting frost.

If I'd got in quicker I'd have offered to take them off your hands ...

Mary

Drakanthus.

Old 19-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Mary Fisher

"Sue" wrote in message

"Pia" wrote
and in Hertfordshire

And Norfolk. Pretty sharp by the looks of things.
Had to de-ice the windscreen this a.m. but to make up for it it's turned
into a beautifully sunny day. P'raps I can get some pansies and

wallflowers
in now the rain has stopped at last.

That's what I was going to do but spent the afternoon in the greenhouse.
Well worth it, I got carrots and beetroot in. The pretties will have to
wait.

Mary

Sue

Old 19-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Saffy
writes

I think we have got your frost as well - feels like its not been much above
freezing all day. Had to scrape the car again today.

Saffy.

Amersham definitely got the frost this morning, had to scrape the car
windows before taking the dogs out for their walk! Caught my Ipomea over
the greenhouse and blackened it but little else damaged as yet.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Andy Spragg

"Pia" pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:04:50 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ and in Hertfordshire

and in Bucks

^ "Peter" wrote in message
^ ...

^ Frosty morning here in Birmingham!
^
^ Peter

Andy

--
sparge at globalnet point co point uk

Life begins at kilofortnight

Old 20-10-2002, 09:30 PM
Bush

Janet Tweedy wrote:

Amersham definitely got the frost this morning, had to scrape the car
windows before taking the dogs out for their walk!

What a strange way to walk a dog.

last frost? Arwen Long North Carolina 1 06-03-2004 04:31 PM
Possible frost/freeze Saturday night/Sunday Morning Wayfarer Texas 8 28-03-2003 10:56 PM
American frost zones tim United Kingdom 21 23-02-2003 12:16 PM
USDA zones (frost zones) Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 5 22-02-2003 06:20 PM
When To Take Action Against Frost Protection? Fleemo Gardening 10 09-02-2003 08:01 AM