GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sack barrow to move plants in large pots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/86008-sack-barrow-move-plants-large-pots.html)

Trevor Appleton 04-11-2004 05:59 PM

Sack barrow to move plants in large pots

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving large
plants in large pots? (got bad back)

Trevor

Mike 04-11-2004 06:58 PM

I haven't had a look, but try the Wellconstruct site. Punch wellconstruct
into Google and it will find them.

OR

If you are on the South Coast, try S.C.A.T.S.

Mike

--
..
-service-com...

Mike Lyle 04-11-2004 07:11 PM

Mike wrote:
I haven't had a look, but try the Wellconstruct site. Punch
wellconstruct into Google and it will find them.

OR

If you are on the South Coast, try S.C.A.T.S.

Mike

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving
large plants in large pots? (got bad back)

I got a nice one from Carmarthen Farmers' Co-op some years ago
(causing myself some amusement when I realized I was _carrying_ it
out). I'm sure any agricultural supplier ("Agricultural Supplies" in
Yellow Pp) will oblige. Don't buy the first you see, as they come in
different flavours.

Mike.

Nick Maclaren 04-11-2004 07:53 PM

In article -service-com,
Trevor Appleton wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving large
plants in large pots? (got bad back)

I strongly advise you to buy a cheap commercial barrow, and not one
sold for domestic use - the latter are flimsy and liable to flex.
If you are going to use it in the garden, go for the widest wheels
you can get.

Pretty well any decent builders' merchant, agricultural supplier
etc. will have them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

David 05-11-2004 10:56 AM

Trevor,
Screwfix have several, prices start at £34.99. Try
www.screwfix.com
Note that they tend to have quite narrow wheels so not so good for heavy
pots over soft ground,

regards,

David