Old 04-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Sack barrow to move plants in large pots

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving large
plants in large pots? (got bad back)

Trevor

Old 04-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Mike

I haven't had a look, but try the Wellconstruct site. Punch wellconstruct
into Google and it will find them.

OR

If you are on the South Coast, try S.C.A.T.S.

Mike

--
..
-service-com...

Old 04-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Mike Lyle

Mike wrote:
I haven't had a look, but try the Wellconstruct site. Punch
wellconstruct into Google and it will find them.

OR

If you are on the South Coast, try S.C.A.T.S.

Mike

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving
large plants in large pots? (got bad back)

I got a nice one from Carmarthen Farmers' Co-op some years ago
(causing myself some amusement when I realized I was _carrying_ it
out). I'm sure any agricultural supplier ("Agricultural Supplies" in
Yellow Pp) will oblige. Don't buy the first you see, as they come in
different flavours.

Mike.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article -service-com,
Trevor Appleton wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving large
plants in large pots? (got bad back)

I strongly advise you to buy a cheap commercial barrow, and not one
sold for domestic use - the latter are flimsy and liable to flex.
If you are going to use it in the garden, go for the widest wheels
you can get.

Pretty well any decent builders' merchant, agricultural supplier
etc. will have them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:56 AM
David

Trevor,
Screwfix have several, prices start at £34.99. Try
www.screwfix.com
Note that they tend to have quite narrow wheels so not so good for heavy
pots over soft ground,

regards,

David

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
-service-com...
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a sack barrow for moving large
plants in large pots? (got bad back)

Trevor

When to move seedlings into pots Chewdadda Gardening 6 27-06-2009 10:29 AM
True Temper wheel barrow Srgnt Billko Lawns 7 02-04-2008 06:54 PM
Comfrey -- to move or not move... FragileWarrior Gardening 7 16-08-2007 03:27 AM
wheel barrow Gary & Karen Gardening 2 14-08-2005 02:24 AM
Collected large yews and large maple Mark Planter Bonsai 1 06-04-2005 06:21 PM