GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First frost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/86381-first-frost.html)

Sacha 13-11-2004 10:21 AM

First frost

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Kate Morgan 13-11-2004 10:53 AM

In article ,
says...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

It was chilly here in Sth. Glos. but no frost, yet :-)

kate

Bob Hobden 13-11-2004 11:06 AM

"Sacha" wrote ...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've
noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.
--

No frost here yet but pretty close last night I would think. Must get the
citrus trees in soon.

--
Regards
Bob

Chakoteya 13-11-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.
--
Sacha

No frost in Kent, yet, but the Dracena is indoors, making a lovely dent in the carpeting...

Brian Watson 13-11-2004 02:35 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've

noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

0 degrees C here just north of Cambridge this morning.
--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Pam Moore 13-11-2004 02:53 PM

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:53:09 GMT, Kate Morgan
wrote:

In article ,
says...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

It was chilly here in Sth. Glos. but no frost, yet :-)
kate

I'm not that far from you Kate but we had frost here overnight, just
over into BANES. My phacelia green manure that was flowering well is
now floped!

Pam in Bristol

Jaques d'Alltrades 13-11-2004 03:45 PM

The message
from Chakoteya contains these
words:
Sacha Wrote:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've
noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll
probably
start going now.

Sacha

No frost in Kent, yet, but the Dracena is indoors, making a lovely dent
in the carpeting...

Just dug up and brought all my runner roots indoors. I'll be packing
them in dry sand for the winter.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Kay 13-11-2004 04:22 PM

In article , Brian Watson
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've

noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

0 degrees C here just north of Cambridge this morning.

One of the ponds frozen in NW Leeds. But nasturtiums still happy, and
they're usually the first to go.
--
Kay

Kate Morgan 13-11-2004 04:26 PM

In article ,
It was chilly here in Sth. Glos. but no frost, yet :-)
kate

I'm not that far from you Kate but we had frost here overnight, just
over into BANES. My phacelia green manure that was flowering well is
now floped!

Pam in Bristol

Oh dear maybe we will get it tonight :-( we are jusr a couple of fields
away from the river, wonder if that makes any difference.
kate

Alan Gould 13-11-2004 06:02 PM

In article , Pam Moore
writes

I'm not that far from you Kate but we had frost here overnight, just
over into BANES. My phacelia green manure that was flowering well is
now floped!

2 or 3 deg. of frost in North Lincs. last night with a stiff breeze.
We gave an outdoor growing Yucca some protection from wind-chill with
horticultural fleece because we nearly lost it last winter.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Franz Heymann 13-11-2004 06:19 PM

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Brian Watson
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November)

We've
noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll

probably
start going now.

0 degrees C here just north of Cambridge this morning.

One of the ponds frozen in NW Leeds. But nasturtiums still happy,

and
they're usually the first to go.

I had a slight skid on an icy road in Mallerstang

Franz

Rod 13-11-2004 06:23 PM

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:21:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

Our coldest night so far at +6C, the brisk northerly wind probably
prevented a frost. Still quite a bit of autumn colour around. (North
coast of Wales) Lovely afternoon walking on the Clwy

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

Rod 13-11-2004 06:26 PM

wrote:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

Our coldest night so far at +6C, the brisk northerly wind probably
prevented a frost. Still quite a bit of autumn colour around. (North
coast of Wales) Lovely afternoon walking on the Clwydian hills.

Jennifer Sparkes 14-11-2004 08:32 AM

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) ...

First frost here Bristol, (BS10) anyway. Cerinthe still loooking chirpy
so far. (14.11.04)
Jennifer

Brian Watson 14-11-2004 08:58 AM

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) ...

First frost here Bristol, (BS10) anyway. Cerinthe still loooking chirpy
so far. (14.11.04)

We did have frost this morning, Isle of Ely, just north of Cambridge.
--
Brian
"Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget