Old 13-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Sacha

Default First frost

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 13-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote ...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've
noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.
--

No frost here yet but pretty close last night I would think. Must get the
citrus trees in soon.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 13-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered User

Location: Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.
--
Sacha
No frost in Kent, yet, but the Dracena is indoors, making a lovely dent in the carpeting...
Old 13-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Brian Watson

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've

noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

0 degrees C here just north of Cambridge this morning.
--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Old 13-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:53:09 GMT, Kate Morgan
wrote:

In article ,
says...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

It was chilly here in Sth. Glos. but no frost, yet :-)
kate

I'm not that far from you Kate but we had frost here overnight, just
over into BANES. My phacelia green manure that was flowering well is
now floped!

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Chakoteya contains these
words:
Sacha Wrote:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've
noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll
probably
start going now.

Sacha

No frost in Kent, yet, but the Dracena is indoors, making a lovely dent
in the carpeting...

Just dug up and brought all my runner roots indoors. I'll be packing
them in dry sand for the winter.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 13-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Kay

In article , Brian Watson
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've

noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

0 degrees C here just north of Cambridge this morning.

One of the ponds frozen in NW Leeds. But nasturtiums still happy, and
they're usually the first to go.
--
Kay

Old 13-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Kate Morgan

In article ,
It was chilly here in Sth. Glos. but no frost, yet :-)
kate

I'm not that far from you Kate but we had frost here overnight, just
over into BANES. My phacelia green manure that was flowering well is
now floped!

Pam in Bristol

Oh dear maybe we will get it tonight :-( we are jusr a couple of fields
away from the river, wonder if that makes any difference.
kate
Old 13-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Pam Moore
writes

I'm not that far from you Kate but we had frost here overnight, just
over into BANES. My phacelia green manure that was flowering well is
now floped!

2 or 3 deg. of frost in North Lincs. last night with a stiff breeze.
We gave an outdoor growing Yucca some protection from wind-chill with
horticultural fleece because we nearly lost it last winter.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Old 13-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Brian Watson
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November)

We've
noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll

probably
start going now.

0 degrees C here just north of Cambridge this morning.

One of the ponds frozen in NW Leeds. But nasturtiums still happy,

and
they're usually the first to go.

I had a slight skid on an icy road in Mallerstang

Franz

Old 13-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Rod

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:21:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

Our coldest night so far at +6C, the brisk northerly wind probably
prevented a frost. Still quite a bit of autumn colour around. (North
coast of Wales) Lovely afternoon walking on the Clwy

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 13-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Rod

wrote:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) We've noticed
this year how many of the trees retain their leaves but they'll probably
start going now.

Our coldest night so far at +6C, the brisk northerly wind probably
prevented a frost. Still quite a bit of autumn colour around. (North
coast of Wales) Lovely afternoon walking on the Clwydian hills.

Old 14-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) ...

First frost here Bristol, (BS10) anyway. Cerinthe still loooking chirpy
so far. (14.11.04)
Jennifer
Old 14-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Brian Watson

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We have had our first frost here this morning (13 November) ...

First frost here Bristol, (BS10) anyway. Cerinthe still loooking chirpy
so far. (14.11.04)

We did have frost this morning, Isle of Ely, just north of Cambridge.
--
Brian
"Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget

First Frost - NE GA GA Pinhead Edible Gardening 5 15-11-2004 03:48 PM
First Frost - NE GA GA Pinhead Edible Gardening 0 15-11-2004 12:40 PM
First Frost Pam Edible Gardening 2 18-11-2003 12:02 AM
preparing (tomatoes0 for first frost in Colorado Front Range Stephen Younge Edible Gardening 5 23-09-2003 08:02 AM
preparing (tomatoes0 for first frost in Colorado Front Range Stephen Younge Gardening 6 23-09-2003 08:02 AM