Old 18-11-2004, 12:58 PM
paulr

Default coleus dead?

hi all,

I planted a coleus (kiwi , i think) plant during the summer. It was
only 5 inches high when planted in our front garden, it went crazy and
grew to about 2/3ft across and flowered within 2 months. I had watered
and fed it regularly over the summer. Then this morning I looked out
and all the leaves have fallen off it.

Any ideas whats happened to it?

I havent watered or fed it for about 6 weeks because the weather has
been pretty wet. We had our first frost last week, as this killed it
off?

thanks in advance

Old 18-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Nick Gray

I planted a coleus (kiwi , i think) plant during the summer. It was
only 5 inches high when planted in our front garden, it went crazy and
grew to about 2/3ft across and flowered within 2 months. I had watered
and fed it regularly over the summer. Then this morning I looked out
and all the leaves have fallen off it.

Any ideas whats happened to it?

I havent watered or fed it for about 6 weeks because the weather has
been pretty wet. We had our first frost last week, as this killed it
off?

Hi,

Coleus are frost tender, and if it's had wet roots as well, then it looks
like it has had it. Most coleus are grown as annuals, so don't feel too bad
about the loss.

If it's flowered, did it set seed? You can sow any seed now, under glass.

HTH

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 18-11-2004, 02:34 PM
David

Unfortunately coleus are pretty tender and frost will almost certainly cause
it to die off. You may be lucky and be able to rescue it by digging it out
and potting it up and treating as a house plant through the winter,

regards,

David

om...

Old 18-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Cereus-validus...

Yes Mongo, coleus dead.

Coleus only pawn in game of life!

It go to coleus heaven.

Old 18-11-2004, 08:56 PM
johnw100

Ok thanks for your help. I`ll try and revive it or see if I can do something
with the seeds.

Old 19-11-2004, 04:40 PM
David

you can also try and take cuttings from it as well!