GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snowdrops coming up? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/87026-snowdrops-coming-up.html)

Sacha 30-11-2004 12:07 AM

Snowdrops coming up?

Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha 30-11-2004 09:44 AM

On 30/11/04 0:52, in article ,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Matt Durkin 30-11-2004 11:19 AM

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 30/11/04 0:52, in article
,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

We've had spring bulbs in pots just showing their heads for a few weeks. We
thought it was weird as well. They seem to have just sprouted and stopped
though! The ones in the ground haven't shown any signs of sprouting yet.

Derek Nicklin 30-11-2004 02:58 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Snowdrops appeared 10 days ago , Daffs just appearing and one
cowslip in flower.

Derek

East Staffordshire

Steve Harris 30-11-2004 03:01 PM

In article ,
(Sacha) wrote:

Yes and daffodils

Spring Iris here since early November

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Sacha 30-11-2004 03:33 PM

On 30/11/04 15:00, in article
ult, "Steve Harris"
wrote:

In article ,
(Sacha) wrote:

Yes and daffodils

Spring Iris here since early November

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Oh, it really does make you hope those holly berries are wrong....!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Tumbleweed 30-11-2004 05:42 PM

"Matt Durkin" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 30/11/04 0:52, in article
,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

We've had spring bulbs in pots just showing their heads for a few weeks.
We thought it was weird as well. They seem to have just sprouted and
stopped though! The ones in the ground haven't shown any signs of
sprouting yet.

I've got some crocus in a lawn which have come up about 3 inches and then
stopped.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Bevan Price 30-11-2004 07:07 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Not yet, but some of my echinops (globe thistle) have just produced a new crop
of flowers, and some roses are still producing new flowers (St. Helens, Lancs.)

Bevan

Michael Berridge 30-11-2004 07:18 PM

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

..

I've got some crocus in a lawn which have come up about 3 inches and then
stopped.

--
Tumbleweed

Got Daffodils, crocus etc up in the garden, also in tubs, got iris ret.
crocus and anemones in tubs in the porch but they are well up now.

Mike

Sacha 01-12-2004 07:36 AM

On 30/11/04 11:36, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 30/11/04 0:52, in article ,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.

My neighbour's tete-a-tete narcissi have been showing leafbuds since
early November.

Janet.

I noticed snowdrops coming up on the village green yesterday, so am going to
do a close search of the garden today. We have literally thousands of
snowdrops, all coming up at different times, usually, so I can't imagine
that some aren't making a start here if they are in other places. But we
still have all sorts of things blooming in the garden, including Salvias,
and some of the trees still have a few leaves on. Yesterday, at Dartington
Cider Press, we noticed an oak tree that still has plenty of leaves, some of
them still fully green.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Steve Harris 01-12-2004 12:25 PM

In article ,
(Martin) wrote:

Our neighbour's apple tree still has most of it's leaves.

Mine still has. In fact, a week ago, it had every single one.
The gooseberry has only started to do the deciduous thing in the last
couple of days. The blueberry went about a month ago.

Chris Hogg 01-12-2004 06:10 PM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:07:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Don't know about snowdrops, but camellias in west Cornwall are already
in flower. An article in last week's Cornishman newspaper featured
camellias flowering in one of the 'stately home' gardens west of
Penzance (Trewidden), and we've had Contessa Lavinia Maggi in flower
for two weeks. They'll catch it if it turns cold :-(

--
Chris

Klara 01-12-2004 06:31 PM

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Don't know about snowdrops, but camellias in west Cornwall are already
in flower. An article in last week's Cornishman newspaper featured
camellias flowering in one of the 'stately home' gardens west of
Penzance (Trewidden), and we've had Contessa Lavinia Maggi in flower
for two weeks. They'll catch it if it turns cold :-(

We have lots of flowers too - but do they know something I don't? I
thought it's been about as cold and dark and damp as it always is in
November :-(

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Pam Moore 09-12-2004 04:09 PM

wrote:

Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

I have one snowdrop coming up in a pot, but it is marked "reginae
olgae" which I understand to be Autumn flowering. I bought it last
pring.

Pam in Bristol