Old 30-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Sacha

Default Snowdrops coming up?

Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Sacha

On 30/11/04 0:52, in article ,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 30-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Matt Durkin

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 30/11/04 0:52, in article
,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

We've had spring bulbs in pots just showing their heads for a few weeks. We
thought it was weird as well. They seem to have just sprouted and stopped
though! The ones in the ground haven't shown any signs of sprouting yet.

Old 30-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Derek Nicklin

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Snowdrops appeared 10 days ago , Daffs just appearing and one
cowslip in flower.

Derek

East Staffordshire

Old 30-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Sacha

On 30/11/04 15:00, in article
ult, "Steve Harris"
wrote:

In article ,
(Sacha) wrote:

Yes and daffodils

Spring Iris here since early November

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Oh, it really does make you hope those holly berries are wrong....!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Tumbleweed

"Matt Durkin" wrote in message
news
"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 30/11/04 0:52, in article
,
"Cereus-validus..." wrote:

Not the same species that bloom in the spring.

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Yes and daffodils - that's why I asked the question.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

We've had spring bulbs in pots just showing their heads for a few weeks.
We thought it was weird as well. They seem to have just sprouted and
stopped though! The ones in the ground haven't shown any signs of
sprouting yet.

I've got some crocus in a lawn which have come up about 3 inches and then
stopped.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 30-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Bevan Price

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Not yet, but some of my echinops (globe thistle) have just produced a new crop
of flowers, and some roses are still producing new flowers (St. Helens, Lancs.)

Bevan

Old 30-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Michael Berridge

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

..

I've got some crocus in a lawn which have come up about 3 inches and then
stopped.

--
Tumbleweed

Got Daffodils, crocus etc up in the garden, also in tubs, got iris ret.
crocus and anemones in tubs in the porch but they are well up now.

Mike

Old 01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Chris Hogg

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:07:47 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Don't know about snowdrops, but camellias in west Cornwall are already
in flower. An article in last week's Cornishman newspaper featured
camellias flowering in one of the 'stately home' gardens west of
Penzance (Trewidden), and we've had Contessa Lavinia Maggi in flower
for two weeks. They'll catch it if it turns cold :-(

--
Chris

Old 01-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Klara

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

Don't know about snowdrops, but camellias in west Cornwall are already
in flower. An article in last week's Cornishman newspaper featured
camellias flowering in one of the 'stately home' gardens west of
Penzance (Trewidden), and we've had Contessa Lavinia Maggi in flower
for two weeks. They'll catch it if it turns cold :-(

We have lots of flowers too - but do they know something I don't? I
thought it's been about as cold and dark and damp as it always is in
November :-(

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Pam Moore

wrote:

Not us but friends not far from here. Anyone else?

I have one snowdrop coming up in a pot, but it is marked "reginae
olgae" which I understand to be Autumn flowering. I bought it last
pring.

Pam in Bristol

The Locusts Are Coming; The Loco Locusts Are Coming BroJack Gardening 7 18-05-2004 03:10 PM
when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM