GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lucky bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/87586-lucky-bamboo.html)

holly 11-12-2004 06:54 PM

lucky bamboo

i have an aquarium and have been told that lucky bamboo can be put all the way in, leaves included. id like to know if anyone has tried this and if it is toxic to fish, namely goldfish. if not, is there anywhere on the web that says you cant. thank you.

Peter Stockdale 15-12-2004 11:39 PM

--
holly

Hi Holly,

Offhand I am not aware of any plant that is toxic to Goldfish - including
Bamboo.
Don't know how the bamboo would go on however, fully submerged as it is not
really an aquatic plant.

I may try it out in my pond in the spring and report back - my goldfish are
too numerous anyway !

Pete

holly 16-12-2004 05:19 PM

hi pete
all i know is that its a member of the dracaena family. hope it doesnt kill your fish. will look forward to an update next year. thanks