GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big Hands (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/87659-big-hands.html)

Pam Moore 13-12-2004 05:19 PM

Big Hands

Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

Duncan Heenan 14-12-2004 09:48 AM

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

June Hughes 14-12-2004 02:21 PM

In message , Duncan Heenan
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

I believe Lakeland used to do them. Have never had any.
--
June Hughes

Pam Moore 14-12-2004 03:46 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:21:29 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Duncan Heenan
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
. ..
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Yes,Duncan, they don't seem very strong! I'll take care!

I believe Lakeland used to do them. Have never had any.

June, I did look at the Lakeland site but could not find them there.
Anyway, the postage would have doubled the price!
Thanks.

Pam in Bristol

June Hughes 14-12-2004 04:46 PM

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:21:29 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Duncan Heenan
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Yes,Duncan, they don't seem very strong! I'll take care!

I believe Lakeland used to do them. Have never had any.

June, I did look at the Lakeland site but could not find them there.
Anyway, the postage would have doubled the price!

Ah! Right. It was some time ago that I saw them. Perhaps they
withdrew them, - in the light of what Duncan has just told us.
--
June Hughes

FF 14-12-2004 09:46 PM

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:19:05 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote:

Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!

Ah yes, but will it be so much fun:-)

Liz

ex WGS Hamm 14-12-2004 10:05 PM

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

You should get him a pair of little big hands so's he can help granny.

Victoria Clare 15-12-2004 10:56 AM

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in news:41beecdc_4@mk-
nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Well I've had mine years and used them lots with no problems.

John Flax 16-12-2004 07:09 PM

I bought mine in Wikinson's (in Union St, Pam, opposite the Galleries) I
stepped on one, which didn't do it much good so I bought another pair and
have a spare. Before I found Big Hands I used a couple of pieces of
hardboard.

They are so cheap that you could buy a pair for each member of the family.
They would make a great extra Christmas present.

Pam Moore 17-12-2004 09:20 AM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:09:14 -0000, "John Flax"
wrote:

I bought mine in Wikinson's (in Union St, Pam, opposite the Galleries) I
stepped on one, which didn't do it much good so I bought another pair and
have a spare. Before I found Big Hands I used a couple of pieces of
hardboard.

They are so cheap that you could buy a pair for each member of the family.
They would make a great extra Christmas present.

Thanks for that John. Next time I'm there I'll see if I can get a
spare pair.

Pam in Bristol