Old 13-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Pam Moore

Default Big Hands

Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Duncan Heenan

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Old 14-12-2004, 02:21 PM
June Hughes

In message , Duncan Heenan
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

I believe Lakeland used to do them. Have never had any.
--
June Hughes
Old 14-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:21:29 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Duncan Heenan
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
. ..
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Yes,Duncan, they don't seem very strong! I'll take care!

I believe Lakeland used to do them. Have never had any.

June, I did look at the Lakeland site but could not find them there.
Anyway, the postage would have doubled the price!
Thanks.

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-12-2004, 04:46 PM
June Hughes

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:21:29 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Duncan Heenan
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Yes,Duncan, they don't seem very strong! I'll take care!

I believe Lakeland used to do them. Have never had any.

June, I did look at the Lakeland site but could not find them there.
Anyway, the postage would have doubled the price!

Ah! Right. It was some time ago that I saw them. Perhaps they
withdrew them, - in the light of what Duncan has just told us.
--
June Hughes

Old 14-12-2004, 09:46 PM
FF

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:19:05 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote:

Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!

Ah yes, but will it be so much fun:-)

Liz
Old 14-12-2004, 10:05 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

You should get him a pair of little big hands so's he can help granny.

Old 15-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Victoria Clare

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in news:41beecdc_4@mk-
nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Just an update on Big Hands, which some of you told me were what I
needed for gathering leaves. I got them in a garden centre and am
finding them very useful, but I'll be able to get on faster without
the aid of my 3 1/2 year old grandson who has spent a weekend trying
to help!
Thanks for all the advice.

Pam in Bristol

I had a pair and found them useful, but not robust enough as they broke
after about 4 sessions use.

Well I've had mine years and used them lots with no problems.
Old 16-12-2004, 07:09 PM
John Flax

I bought mine in Wikinson's (in Union St, Pam, opposite the Galleries) I
stepped on one, which didn't do it much good so I bought another pair and
have a spare. Before I found Big Hands I used a couple of pieces of
hardboard.

They are so cheap that you could buy a pair for each member of the family.
They would make a great extra Christmas present.

Old 17-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:09:14 -0000, "John Flax"
wrote:

I bought mine in Wikinson's (in Union St, Pam, opposite the Galleries) I
stepped on one, which didn't do it much good so I bought another pair and
have a spare. Before I found Big Hands I used a couple of pieces of
hardboard.

They are so cheap that you could buy a pair for each member of the family.
They would make a great extra Christmas present.

Thanks for that John. Next time I'm there I'll see if I can get a
spare pair.

Pam in Bristol

Chapped hands and eczema gnmouser Orchids 0 15-04-2003 02:56 AM
Gardening chapped hands and eczema gnmouser Texas 0 15-04-2003 02:20 AM
Chapped hands and eczema gnmouser Ponds (alternative) 0 15-04-2003 02:20 AM
[IBC] Juniper Hands John NJ Bonsai 3 07-04-2003 09:08 PM
Extra Pair of Hands BenignVanilla Ponds 4 30-03-2003 06:32 PM