Old 16-12-2004, 04:36 PM
jane

Default potato day

Is anyone here planning on going to the HDRA potato day at Ryton at
the end of January?

I've just joined the HDRA for the year (last year it was Kew - I have
a wandering subscription!) and see they have a Members' Day on the
29th and public on the 30th. I went as a guest to the Members' Day
last January and it was great fun (and I learned a lot about organic
spud growing too)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 18-12-2004, 09:41 PM
PhilC

Jane,

I'm not going to Ryton, they've changed their dates this year to clash
with my local one in Hampshire - it has a greater choice than Ryton and
lots of other things going on see www.hhdra.org.uk/potatoday.htm

There are others around the country, so you don't need to travel
hundreds of miles to get a huge choice of potatoes see
www.hhdra.org.uk/potato.htm#days

Phil

Old 18-12-2004, 09:49 PM
PhilC

I'm not going to Ryton this year, they've changed the date so that it
clashes with my local Potato day in Hampshire - whcih has more
varieties and lots more going on details are at
http://www.hhdra.org.uk/potatoday.htm

If you're not close to Hampshire or Ryton, don't worry there are others
up and down the country - see http://www.hhdra.org.uk/potato.htm#days
Phil

Old 20-12-2004, 09:20 AM
jane

~
~If you're not close to Hampshire or Ryton, don't worry there are others
~up and down the country - see http://www.hhdra.org.uk/potato.htm#days
~Phil
~

What are the admission prices? Is it free for HDRA members or just
those in the Hampshire group please?

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 24-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Registered User

Smile

Jane,

We have to pay for the hall, speakers, cookery domonstaror etc and so no one (except for helpers get in free!

The cost is £2 per addult this and all details including a map and our variety list are at www.hhdra.org.uk/potatoday.htm

Phil

We've just managed to get a small quantity of Sarpo Mira and Sarpo Axona
__________________
Phil

Old 24-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Registered User

Smile

Jane,

We have to pay for the hall, speakers, cookery demonstrator etc and so no one (except for helpers) gets in free!

The cost is £2 per addult this and all details including a map and our variety list are at www.hhdra.org.uk/potatoday.htm

We've just managed to get a small quantity of Sarpo Mira and Sarpo Axona

PS do you want to help for a couple of hours??
__________________
Phil
Old 25-12-2004, 01:12 AM
jane

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:31:05 +0000, philcooper
wrote:

~
~Jane,
~
~We have to pay for the hall, speakers, cookery demonstrator etc and so
~no one (except for helpers) gets in free!
~
~The cost is £2 per addult this and all details including a map and our
~variety list are at www.hhdra.org.uk/potatoday.htm
~
~We've just managed to get a small quantity of Sarpo Mira and Sarpo
~Axona
~
~PS do you want to help for a couple of hours??
~

I could perhaps come on the Sunday to do that but the allotment ladies
want to go to Ryton and it's my turn to drive

I am eating my Sarpo spuds later today! They have been remarkably
slug-free despite me not lifting them till the start of November (!)
and some plants were still green... so I shall be after more, for
sure! The tubers are huge, too.

Happy Christmas!

--
jane