GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Found what the problem was! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/87842-found-what-problem.html)

Alan Holmes 18-12-2004 11:09 PM

Found what the problem was!

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

June Hughes 18-12-2004 11:55 PM

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

Never mind, Alan. I suspect you mean uk.food+drink.misc. If you do,
he's still there, posting lots of recipes.
--
June Hughes

Mike 19-12-2004 09:36 AM

writes

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

Rather like us, we were receiving nuisance calls and thought of switching
the ringer off. The trouble was we would receive no calls. BT have now told
us how to ban calls from certain numbers :-)) Works a treat :-))

Mike

June Hughes 19-12-2004 10:51 AM

In message , Mike
writes
writes

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

Rather like us, we were receiving nuisance calls and thought of switching
the ringer off. The trouble was we would receive no calls. BT have now told
us how to ban calls from certain numbers :-)) Works a treat :-))

We use the telephone and fax preference service but some companies,
namely the ones from abroad, who withhold their numbers, do not take any
notice of that.
--
June Hughes

Mike 19-12-2004 12:13 PM

We use the telephone and fax preference service but some companies,
namely the ones from abroad, who withhold their numbers, do not take any
notice of that.
--
June Hughes

That is usually for business numbers isn't it? The number I wanted barring
was a private number, my Mother in Law :-((

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

[email protected] 19-12-2004 01:41 PM

he number I wanted barring was a private number,
my Mother in Law :-((

try dialling 14258 and follow the instructions....

Mike 19-12-2004 03:29 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
he number I wanted barring was a private number,
my Mother in Law :-((

try dialling 14258 and follow the instructions....

That's what I did. I was not aware of the facility and BT told me. The young
lady creased up, then apologised, when I said it was my mother in law I
wanted barring!!!!!!!

Mike