Old 18-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Found what the problem was!

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 18-12-2004, 11:55 PM
June Hughes

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

Never mind, Alan. I suspect you mean uk.food+drink.misc. If you do,
he's still there, posting lots of recipes.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Mike

writes

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

Rather like us, we were receiving nuisance calls and thought of switching
the ringer off. The trouble was we would receive no calls. BT have now told
us how to ban calls from certain numbers :-)) Works a treat :-))

Mike

Old 19-12-2004, 10:51 AM
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes
writes

In one newsgroup some idiot who posted as me@'something'
was making himslf a pain in the behind so I put 'me' in
the killfile, somehow forgetting that my name has 'me' in it!

So this thing was regecting everything which had 'me' in.

Silly me!

Rather like us, we were receiving nuisance calls and thought of switching
the ringer off. The trouble was we would receive no calls. BT have now told
us how to ban calls from certain numbers :-)) Works a treat :-))

We use the telephone and fax preference service but some companies,
namely the ones from abroad, who withhold their numbers, do not take any
notice of that.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Mike

We use the telephone and fax preference service but some companies,
namely the ones from abroad, who withhold their numbers, do not take any
notice of that.
--
June Hughes

That is usually for business numbers isn't it? The number I wanted barring
was a private number, my Mother in Law :-((

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 19-12-2004, 01:41 PM

he number I wanted barring was a private number,
my Mother in Law :-((

try dialling 14258 and follow the instructions....

Old 19-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
he number I wanted barring was a private number,
my Mother in Law :-((

try dialling 14258 and follow the instructions....

That's what I did. I was not aware of the facility and BT told me. The young
lady creased up, then apologised, when I said it was my mother in law I
wanted barring!!!!!!!

Mike