Old 22-11-2002, 05:34 PM
jt

Default Seakale!!

I am trying to find a source of seakale (crambe maritima) - the edible
sort. Preferably via root cuttings, or else via seed.

Perhaps someone has some established plants from whom he can spare a
few root cuttings to get me started?

jt
Old 22-11-2002, 07:08 PM
Alan Gould

In article , jt
writes
I am trying to find a source of seakale (crambe maritima) - the edible
sort. Preferably via root cuttings, or else via seed.

Perhaps someone has some established plants from whom he can spare a
few root cuttings to get me started?

The Chase/Organic Gardening Catalogue* offers Seakale seed of the
variety 'Lillywhite'. The plant is not usually cropped before its second
year, or it can be forced by covering in the autumn. Crambe maritima
(Seakale) is a perennial brassica, thus it can be susceptible to
clubroot in locations which are prone to that disease.

* www.OrganicCatalog.com
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 22-11-2002, 07:50 PM

Marshalls seeds sell it in plant or seed form.

- h

Old 02-12-2002, 11:03 PM
jt

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:50:41 -0000, "H"
wrote:

Marshalls seeds sell it in plant or seed form.

- h

Thanks for the suggestions. I am eagerly awaiting the Marshall's
Catalogue.

regards

jt
Old 03-12-2002, 09:24 AM

Marshalls seeds sell it in plant or seed form.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am eagerly awaiting the Marshall's
Catalogue.

Well, I'm expecting my seakale plants to arrive soon ..... but having never
grown them before, it'll be interesting to see how they get on.

Best,

- h