GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Winter spraying of fruit trees. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/88408-winter-spraying-fruit-trees.html)

Richard Brooks 06-01-2005 03:47 PM

Winter spraying of fruit trees.

What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit trees from
overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

I've just been into my local hardware and gardening shop and they had
nothing in store as the product they had in mind was on the new 60+ list of
now banned products which have been removed.

Has anyone any ideas for a home made mixture ?

Richard.

Thomas Greeves 06-01-2005 10:53 PM

What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit trees

from
overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

Not sure about overwintering pets... But how about Growing Success winter
wash- dissolves pest eggs

---

Richard Brooks 07-01-2005 09:17 AM

Thomas Greeves wrote:
What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit
trees from overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

Not sure about overwintering pets... But how about Growing Success
winter wash- dissolves pest eggs

Thanks for that. I shall have to search further afield.

Now, about those pets ? ;-)

Richard.

Trevor Appleton 07-01-2005 05:42 PM

theres still Armillatox - formula hasn't changed since they could advertise
it for this purpose.

http://www.armillatox.co.uk/

KARL J SEILER 09-01-2005 04:38 AM

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit trees
from
overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

I've just been into my local hardware and gardening shop and they had
nothing in store as the product they had in mind was on the new 60+ list
of
now banned products which have been removed.

Has anyone any ideas for a home made mixture ?

Richard.

Dormant sprays?

Use oil to control insects like aphids, scale and mealy bugs and hoppers.

Use lime-sulfur to control fire blight, peach leaf curl and the like.

You might try an agriculture or nursery store.

Karl in Whidbey Isl. Washington USA.