Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Richard Brooks

Default Winter spraying of fruit trees.

What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit trees from
overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

I've just been into my local hardware and gardening shop and they had
nothing in store as the product they had in mind was on the new 60+ list of
now banned products which have been removed.

Has anyone any ideas for a home made mixture ?

Richard.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Thomas Greeves

What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit trees

from
overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

Not sure about overwintering pets... But how about Growing Success winter
wash- dissolves pest eggs

---

Old 07-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Richard Brooks

Thomas Greeves wrote:
What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit
trees from overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

Not sure about overwintering pets... But how about Growing Success
winter wash- dissolves pest eggs

Thanks for that. I shall have to search further afield.

Now, about those pets ? ;-)

Richard.

Old 07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Trevor Appleton

theres still Armillatox - formula hasn't changed since they could advertise
it for this purpose.

http://www.armillatox.co.uk/

Old 09-01-2005, 04:38 AM
KARL J SEILER

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
What spray products are now available for the protection of fruit trees
from
overwintering pets (aside from the tar bands) ?

I've just been into my local hardware and gardening shop and they had
nothing in store as the product they had in mind was on the new 60+ list
of
now banned products which have been removed.

Has anyone any ideas for a home made mixture ?

Richard.

Dormant sprays?

Use oil to control insects like aphids, scale and mealy bugs and hoppers.

Use lime-sulfur to control fire blight, peach leaf curl and the like.

You might try an agriculture or nursery store.

Karl in Whidbey Isl. Washington USA.

Care of fruit trees - spraying ? adm United Kingdom 2 26-05-2006 11:17 PM
Fruit trees and spraying for pests Ray Edible Gardening 3 21-05-2004 08:04 PM
Rain & Fruit Tree Spraying RWL Gardening 3 18-05-2004 06:03 AM
Spraying Fruit Trees junkyardcat Texas 2 22-03-2004 07:42 PM
Fruit Pests and spraying Steve Harris United Kingdom 4 06-01-2003 12:45 PM