GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New "Grow your own" magazine, any experience? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/89468-new-%22grow-your-own%22-magazine-any-experience.html)

Broadback 04-02-2005 03:18 PM

New "Grow your own" magazine, any experience?

Just received a mail drop (which I 99.99% ignore) but it caught my eye.
A new magazine Grow Your Own, it looks good, but will it taste good?
Has anyone any experience of it, or views.
TIA

Bob Hobden 04-02-2005 04:07 PM

"Broadback" wrote ...
Just received a mail drop (which I 99.99% ignore) but it caught my eye. A
new magazine Grow Your Own, it looks good, but will it taste good? Has
anyone any experience of it, or views.

Got to go some to outdo "The Kitchen Garden" which is an excellent magazine
for veg growers.

--
Regards
Bob

Steve Harris 05-02-2005 03:17 PM

In article ,
(Broadback) wrote:

A new magazine Grow Your Own, it looks good, but will it taste good?
Has anyone any experience of it, or views.

My view is that since it's new, no one will have experience of it!

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Broadback 05-02-2005 09:53 PM

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Since I haven't read GYO, my views are completely unbiased and
therefore extra valid. Broadback should definitely follow the advice on
page 5, buy the special offer, and purchase a gift subscription for
someone who hasn't read the magazine and lives in Scotland.

I have never read a goodlooking magazine that that tastes good. IMHO
carrots taste better, though they don't have a letters page of course.

Janet.

Hmmm, now who do I know who lives in Scotland!

Janet Tweedy 06-02-2005 11:11 AM

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
I have never read a goodlooking magazine that that tastes good. IMHO
carrots taste better, though they don't have a letters page of course.

Janet.

Some magazines are better boiled and turned into papier mache.........
in particular the last three years of Gardening Which
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Janet Tweedy 06-02-2005 06:57 PM

In article ,
writes
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:11:44 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
I have never read a goodlooking magazine that that tastes good. IMHO
carrots taste better, though they don't have a letters page of course.

Janet.

Some magazines are better boiled and turned into papier mache.........
in particular the last three years of Gardening Which

Which? needs it's collective head boiling.

It's a shame because the first fifteen years produced wonderful
magazines, to the point, truthful, great assessment and no rubbish or
'articles' of no value.
They forget that Gardening Which should be a gardening version of WHICH
not a blinking magazine.................
I saved all mine from 1984 onwards and then stopped subscribing about 18
months ago.

Janet

shazzbat 06-02-2005 10:34 PM

wrote:

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
I have never read a goodlooking magazine that that tastes good. IMHO
carrots taste better, though they don't have a letters page of course.

Janet.

Some magazines are better boiled and turned into papier mache.........
in particular the last three years of Gardening Which

Which? needs it's collective head boiling.

It's a shame because the first fifteen years produced wonderful
magazines, to the point, truthful, great assessment and no rubbish or
'articles' of no value.
They forget that Gardening Which should be a gardening version of WHICH
not a blinking magazine.................
I saved all mine from 1984 onwards and then stopped subscribing about 18
months ago.

And how long did it take for them to give up on you and stop the mailshots?

:-))

Steve

Janet Tweedy 07-02-2005 10:09 AM

In article , shazzbat
writes
And how long did it take for them to give up on you and stop the mailshots?

:-))

Steve

They don't send me any more mailshots thank goodness but they haven't
yet stopped me receiving the newsletter from the Chiltern gardening
group section so I continue to receive that at least :)