Old 08-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Duncan Heenan

Default Abbey Garden Nr. Swindon

I saw a TV programme last night 'Working Naked' which included a bit about
the Abbey Garden (which is open to the public) near Swindon.
Does anyone know anything about it, or how to contact them?

Old 08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Emrys Davies

http://www.stedmunds.co.uk/lifestyle/abbey-gardens.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:41:42 -0000, "Duncan Heenan"
wrote:

I saw a TV programme last night 'Working Naked' which included a bit about
the Abbey Garden (which is open to the public) near Swindon.
Does anyone know anything about it, or how to contact them?

http://www.abbeyhousegardens.co.uk/index.shtml

Malmesbury Abbey gardens. Well worth a visit. They have had a fair
bit of publicity for their gardening (almost) nude, but only when the
gardens are closed. However the skimpiest shorts ever were being worn
by Mrs Pollard. (Ian and Barbara Pollard are the owners) when I spoke
to her once. He was featured years ago on one of those groovy Channel
4 gardening progs...Dig it or something, where he swaggered about his
then garden dressed head to toe in black and was referred to as
Renaissance Man. The Abbey Gardens have been featured on TV also.
It's a lovely garden, with a landscaped valley, and a fruiting
mulberry if you go in Autumn, but we have been disappointed that you
can only get tea and cakes and not much else. They were planning a
restaurant but it wasn't there when I last went. Plenty of eating
places in Malmesbury itself. Park down in the valley and walk up to
the town. The gardens are next to the Abbey!

Pam in Bristol
Old 09-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Duncan Heenan

Oops........ wrong website for Abbey House Gardens. Sorry.
The right one is:
www.abbeyhousegardens.co.uk

Thank you David for spotting the non-deliberate error, and taking the
trouble to get in touch.

Lacock Abbey Bob Hobden Garden Photos 0 04-05-2007 05:30 PM
Lacock Abbey Bob Hobden Garden Photos 0 04-05-2007 05:29 PM
Lacock Abbey Bob Hobden Garden Photos 0 04-05-2007 05:29 PM
Abbey Gardens, Tresco Sacha United Kingdom 6 20-04-2007 10:53 PM
Tresco Abbey Gardens Sacha United Kingdom 4 20-03-2007 10:24 PM