GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Botanical Greeting Cards (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/89804-botanical-greeting-cards.html)

Skip Martin 14-02-2005 05:56 PM

Botanical Greeting Cards

No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

JennyC 14-02-2005 07:08 PM

"Skip Martin" wrote in message
No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

nice cards - to expensive
Jenny

Sacha 14-02-2005 10:30 PM

On 14/2/05 19:08, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Skip Martin" wrote in message
No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at
http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

nice cards - to expensive
Jenny

When I tried to reply to the group pointing out that these cards are from
America and would be better targeted to rec.gardens, the 'To' frame in my
reply came up with the poster's email address every time. I've never known
that to happen before and wonder if anyone can explain it?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Troy 14-02-2005 10:35 PM

Sacha Woofed :

When I tried to reply to the group pointing out that these cards are from
America and would be better targeted to rec.gardens, the 'To' frame in my
reply came up with the poster's email address every time. I've never known
that to happen before and wonder if anyone can explain it?

The "Follow up" header was set to :-

My newsreader (Dialog) gave me a warning.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.

Sacha 14-02-2005 10:47 PM

On 14/2/05 22:35, in article , "Troy"
wrote:

Sacha Woofed :

When I tried to reply to the group pointing out that these cards are from
America and would be better targeted to rec.gardens, the 'To' frame in my
reply came up with the poster's email address every time. I've never known
that to happen before and wonder if anyone can explain it?

The "Follow up" header was set to :-

My newsreader (Dialog) gave me a warning.

Thanks. My technophobia strikes again, obviously.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Douglas[_1_] 15-02-2005 01:58 AM

Beautiful pictures!!

I can't wait to see what other styles you try.

Photographing flowers is apparently a good subject for really fine grain films like kodak TP, tu they are black and white.

Don't know if you use digital, but anyway.

Keep it up.

Reminds me of the work by the likes of Mapplethorpe and others.

Douglas[_1_] 15-02-2005 02:01 AM

Don't know if you use digital, but anyway.

Sorry, read your site afterwards, doh!

Martin Sykes 15-02-2005 08:51 AM

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Skip Martin" wrote in message
No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

nice cards - to expensive
Jenny

They are very nice photos but not sure about the black background. It's very
arty but to go in the home it might have too much contrast against light
coloured walls. I'd personally prefer them on white or cream. I'd also
expect a simple frame for that price, not rolled up in a tube.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )