Old 14-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Skip Martin

Default Botanical Greeting Cards

No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com
Old 14-02-2005, 07:08 PM
JennyC

"Skip Martin" wrote in message
No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

nice cards - to expensive
Jenny

Old 14-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Sacha

On 14/2/05 19:08, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Skip Martin" wrote in message
No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at
http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

nice cards - to expensive
Jenny

When I tried to reply to the group pointing out that these cards are from
America and would be better targeted to rec.gardens, the 'To' frame in my
reply came up with the poster's email address every time. I've never known
that to happen before and wonder if anyone can explain it?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Troy

Sacha Woofed :

When I tried to reply to the group pointing out that these cards are from
America and would be better targeted to rec.gardens, the 'To' frame in my
reply came up with the poster's email address every time. I've never known
that to happen before and wonder if anyone can explain it?

The "Follow up" header was set to :-

My newsreader (Dialog) gave me a warning.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old 15-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Registered User

Beautiful pictures!!

I can't wait to see what other styles you try.

Photographing flowers is apparently a good subject for really fine grain films like kodak TP, tu they are black and white.

Don't know if you use digital, but anyway.

Keep it up.

Reminds me of the work by the likes of Mapplethorpe and others.
__________________
Well use it to fertilise the Christmas trees then.
I have a feeling the market is going to peak sometime next January.
Old 15-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Registered User

Don't know if you use digital, but anyway.

Sorry, read your site afterwards, doh!
__________________
Old 15-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Martin Sykes

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Skip Martin" wrote in message
No spam intended - please forgive me if it comes off that way.
My wife has recently taken up photography and one of the subjects that
fascinates her is flowers. The photos came out so well we decided to
make cards out of them for personal correspondence.
You can see these at http://www.marybmartin.com and we
would really appreciate any comments you might have (good or bad) as
this may lead to a really enjoyable home-based business.
Any comments to
Thanks to all.
Regards,
Chas. E. Martin
http://www.chasemartin.com

nice cards - to expensive
Jenny

They are very nice photos but not sure about the black background. It's very
arty but to go in the home it might have too much contrast against light
coloured walls. I'd personally prefer them on white or cream. I'd also
expect a simple frame for that price, not rolled up in a tube.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )