Old 23-02-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Woodland Trust's misleading advert

The Woodland Trust says:

"Britain's ancient woodland is disappearing"

"Will you give £2.75 a month to protect half an acre forever?"

What garbage!

1. Nothing can be protected "forever".

2. There is no guarantee they can protect ancient wioodland from
development.

3. The advert implies certainty; where there is none.

More fake conservation?

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk
Old 23-02-2005, 10:35 PM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:19:46 +0000, Malcolm
wrote:

In article ,
writes
The Woodland Trust says:

"Britain's ancient woodland is disappearing"

"Will you give £2.75 a month to protect half an acre forever?"

What garbage!

1. Nothing can be protected "forever".

2. There is no guarantee they can protect ancient wioodland from
development.

3. The advert implies certainty; where there is none.

More fake conservation?

Perhaps Angus should have declared an interest, firstly that he has
been in legal dispute with the Woodland Trust, who took him to court
and won, and secondly that he is a property developer :-(

Doen't alter the content. At least I'm not a fake conservationist.

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk
Old 24-02-2005, 02:32 PM
BAC

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article ,
writes
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:37:34 +0000, Arthur M.
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:37:27 +0000,
wrote:

The Woodland Trust says:

"Britain's ancient woodland is disappearing"

"Will you give £2.75 a month to protect half an acre forever?"

2.75 sounds like quite good value. Do you Have a URL or address for
the Woodland Trust?

I'm sure you can find it in Google

However, try
www.woodland-trust.org for an alternative view :-)

Or try www.woodland-trust.org.uk for an honest view.

I'd imagine a fair number of people looking for the WT site might visit
Angus' web page by mistake. It must be a source of confusion to have a WT
detractor own that particular domain name. I've seen it rumoured that WT
offered to accept the domain in lieu of costs following their successful
legal action against Angus which prevented him using words like slaughter to
describe some of the Trust's deer management activities. Incidentally, I
mentioned recently that Angus had published the case report on one of his
web-sites (I'm pretty sure he did) but I don't see it there now.

Old 24-02-2005, 07:23 PM

wrote:

The Woodland Trust says:

"Britain's ancient woodland is disappearing"

"Will you give £2.75 a month to protect half an acre forever?"

2.75 sounds like quite good value. Do you Have a URL or address for
the Woodland Trust?

I'm sure you can find it in Google

However, try
www.woodland-trust.org for an alternative view :-)

Or try www.woodland-trust.org.uk for an honest view.

I'd imagine a fair number of people looking for the WT site might visit
Angus' web page by mistake. It must be a source of confusion to have a WT
detractor own that particular domain name. I've seen it rumoured that WT
offered to accept the domain in lieu of costs following their successful
legal action against Angus which prevented him using words like slaughter to
describe some of the Trust's deer management activities.

If I remember right they did but I told them to stuff it. I did offer
it to them for £100,000 which I would donate to AR movements or for
free if they stopped sl oops, killing deer.

Incidentally, I mentioned recently that Angus had published the case report on one of his
web-sites (I'm pretty sure he did) but I don't see it there now.

I had it on for a short time as a link

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org