GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffodils (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9017-daffodils.html)

Beachcomber 22-12-2002 03:40 PM

Daffodils

Picked my first three daffodils today. They were a lovely surprise. Also, I
still have some nasturtiums in flower, never had that before at Christmas
time

--
Outgoing email certified virus free
Checked by Norton Antivirus 2003

trevor.appleton 22-12-2002 10:20 PM

Daffodils

Also, I
still have some nasturtiums in flower, never had that before at Christmas
time

my nasties went in Wednesday nights minus 4.6 C here

Trevor
East Yorkshire

---

cormaic 24-12-2002 03:19 PM

Daffodils

'Twas Sun, 22 Dec 2002 15:40:41 +0000 (UTC), when "Beachcomber"
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

Picked my first three daffodils today. They were a lovely surprise. Also, I
still have some nasturtiums in flower, never had that before at Christmas
time

A short length of Bidens ferrulifoliae, growing in a windy box
outside the bathroom window, has been accidentally trapped the last
time someone closed said window, and is thriving in the warmth and
humidity engendered by two daughters, who spend at least half their
day in there doing god knows what. It produced buds over the weekend
and is now in flower. :~)

In the windy box outside my study window, Nemesia 'Confetti'
is *still* flowering, and has been, non-stop, since March 2000.

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk

WM Morgan 29-12-2002 04:00 AM

Daffodils

Did a Google Groups search using "East Yorkshire," and turned up your
message. This is off-topic.

I live in Ellisville, Miss., USA. Found an odd charge on my bank
statement from July 1st this year:

07/01 185.94 POS DEBIT WP-WORLDWIDE POS EAST YORKSHIRE
GB

That's 121.47 British pounds, for that date's exchange rate. (POS =
Point-of-Sale, I think.)

I've never been to the UK, and never bought anything from there.

You're in East Yorkshire - any idea who is or what is "WP-Worldwide" ?

CJ 29-12-2002 01:37 PM

Daffodils

"World Pay" I think - a payment/collection/transfer facility via the
internet.

Regards

Chris Lovett
Surrey, UK

--
"...The myth that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead

~Douglas Adams~

om...

CJ 29-12-2002 01:38 PM

Daffodils

But why/how have you reached this NG?

trevor.appleton 29-12-2002 10:46 PM

Daffodils

"WM Morgan" wrote in message
om...
Did a Google Groups search using "East Yorkshire," and turned up your
message. This is off-topic.

I live in Ellisville, Miss., USA. Found an odd charge on my bank
statement from July 1st this year:

07/01 185.94 POS DEBIT WP-WORLDWIDE POS EAST YORKSHIRE

He seems to have picked up my posting to URG and taken the newsgroup as my e
mail address.

---

Vera Gade 01-01-2003 04:30 AM

Daffodils

In article , cormaic
wrote:

[...]

I know what they are doing, Cormaic. They are making up for a goodish
competition to all the other lovely flowers around you! I can only offer
you the sparkling ice-flowers on my new glazed patio - minus 18 degrees
outside and atleast 30 cm of snow.
Happy new year - every day a new gift.
Vera

--