Old 04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Clematis vitalba

While looking for something else, I noticed that relatively few
suppliers stock Clematis vitalba. Considering that it is widespread
over much of England, its seed heads are immediately recognisable,
and it grows well from seed, that seems reasonable :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
doug

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

While looking for something else, I noticed that relatively few
suppliers stock Clematis vitalba. Considering that it is widespread
over much of England, its seed heads are immediately recognisable,
and it grows well from seed, that seems reasonable :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren

*********
Perhaps it is because the Clematis "vitalba" is very much widespread in its
habits.
It can be a monster. It grows high, wide and even worse than the "montana"
which is capable of 30feet in height. (after a few years of growth).
I have two, on my fence just alongside the spot where the Neighbours from
Hell have built an extension two feet from my patio. It flowers for just
over three weeks and makes a good show. The seed-heads are not unattractive
for the rest of the season, too.
Doug.

********