GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just for the record, first frog spawn this year (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/90747-just-record-first-frog-spawn-year.html)

Tumbleweed 09-03-2005 11:05 PM

Just for the record, first frog spawn this year

Location Reading.

2 or 3 weeks later than last two years IIRC.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Sally Thompson 10-03-2005 02:44 PM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:05:48 -0000, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

Location Reading.

2 or 3 weeks later than last two years IIRC.

We saw our first frog spawn this year yesterday - and heard the frogs
last night. More spawn today! We're in Shropshire, so should be a
few weeks behind you in Reading I would have thought. We didn't keep
a record last year so no idea whether it is later, but it is certainly
been a freezing February, with small amounts of snow and ice most days
(we're 750 ft up and just above the snow line).

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap

Alan Gabriel 11-03-2005 12:37 AM

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
Location Reading.

2 or 3 weeks later than last two years IIRC.

On his TV program, Bill Oddie asked people to report the first frog spawn
and the first ladybird to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/...n/springwatch/

--
Regards,
Alan.

Preserve wildlife - Pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.