Old 09-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Just for the record, first frog spawn this year

Location Reading.

2 or 3 weeks later than last two years IIRC.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 10-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Sally Thompson

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:05:48 -0000, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

Location Reading.

2 or 3 weeks later than last two years IIRC.

We saw our first frog spawn this year yesterday - and heard the frogs
last night. More spawn today! We're in Shropshire, so should be a
few weeks behind you in Reading I would have thought. We didn't keep
a record last year so no idea whether it is later, but it is certainly
been a freezing February, with small amounts of snow and ice most days
(we're 750 ft up and just above the snow line).

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap
Old 11-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Alan Gabriel

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
Location Reading.

2 or 3 weeks later than last two years IIRC.

On his TV program, Bill Oddie asked people to report the first frog spawn
and the first ladybird to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/...n/springwatch/

--
Regards,
Alan.

Preserve wildlife - Pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

just for the record first frog spawn this year Tumbleweed Ponds 9 13-03-2005 11:04 PM
Frog Spawn Stephen G United Kingdom 2 15-04-2003 02:20 PM
We have frog spawn Kay Easton United Kingdom 18 23-03-2003 07:44 PM
My frog spawn sank Serenity United Kingdom 3 18-03-2003 06:09 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM