GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   In Aldi today (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/90788-aldi-today.html)

Nicholas 10-03-2005 08:18 PM

In Aldi today

hi

Just thought I'd mention that in Aldi today they had packs of 15 F1 Geranium
plants for £1.49 IIRC and 24 Buzy Lizzies for the same price...

Bargain I thought.

Cheers

Nicholas
--
Nicholas Buttle - Quality Joinery and Cabinet Making
http://www.nbjoinery.net

Steve Harris 12-03-2005 12:18 AM

And Lidl have various cheap gardening things in right now. I noticed:

- Various seeds at 29p and 49p (Some unusual, EG Chinese cabbage)
- Perennial roots (EG 3 Aconites for 59p)
- 80cm window box for 79p
- Secateurs for 99p

Various garden tools, fertilisers, pots at low prices

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

p00kie 12-03-2005 07:08 AM

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
And Lidl have various cheap gardening things in right now. I noticed:

- Various seeds at 29p and 49p (Some unusual, EG Chinese cabbage)
- Perennial roots (EG 3 Aconites for 59p)
- 80cm window box for 79p
- Secateurs for 99p

Various garden tools, fertilisers, pots at low prices

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/

They were selling various named varieties of roses too.

shazzbat 12-03-2005 05:01 PM

"p00kie" wrote in message
k...

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
And Lidl have various cheap gardening things in right now. I noticed:

- Various seeds at 29p and 49p (Some unusual, EG Chinese cabbage)
- Perennial roots (EG 3 Aconites for 59p)
- 80cm window box for 79p
- Secateurs for 99p

I bought 3 pairs of the secateurs. I know they're not exactly high quality,
but when you lose them in the garden or leave them out in the rain, it hurts
less. I also bought an extending handled pruner. Now maybe I can prune the
berberis and pyracantha without doing myself more damage than the bushes.

Steve

undergroundbob 15-03-2005 12:44 PM

I bought one of those pruners as well! And some of their nice leather gardening gloves. I love Lidl - I have even signed up for their email newsletter. Sometimes they have ridiculous bargains.

Chris Potts 15-03-2005 09:39 PM

undergroundbob wrote:
I bought one of those pruners as well! And some of their nice leather
gardening gloves. I love Lidl - I have even signed up for their email
newsletter. Sometimes they have ridiculous bargains.

I agree! The small plastic cold frame was also very good.

Chris Potts