GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brussel tops (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91036-brussel-tops.html)

Alan Holmes 16-03-2005 06:28 PM

Brussel tops

Is it to late to use them in the kitchen, for odd obviously!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Nick Maclaren 16-03-2005 06:45 PM

In article ,
Alan Holmes wrote:

Is it to late to use them in the kitchen, for odd obviously!

They never get poisonous, so try and see. They make a perfectly
good kale substitute.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mike Lyle 17-03-2005 06:24 PM

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Alan Holmes wrote:

Is it to late to use them in the kitchen, for odd obviously!

They never get poisonous, so try and see. They make a perfectly
good kale substitute.

And if any left-on sprouts blow into flower-buds, they're edible,
too: better than sprouts, to my taste, and look nice on the plate.
Masterchef, here you come!

Mike.

Nick Maclaren 17-03-2005 07:23 PM

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:
Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Alan Holmes wrote:

Is it to late to use them in the kitchen, for odd obviously!

They never get poisonous, so try and see. They make a perfectly
good kale substitute.

And if any left-on sprouts blow into flower-buds, they're edible,
too: better than sprouts, to my taste, and look nice on the plate.
Masterchef, here you come!

As with many things, the Chinese were there first :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.