GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Question - First Mow Of Season (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91117-question-first-mow-season.html)

Simon 18-03-2005 06:35 PM

Question - First Mow Of Season

I've got three patches of grass and i can remember raking before Winter
but can't remember if i should rake now before the first cut of this
season. Can someone advise me please ?
Thanks.

Simon

Alan Gould 19-03-2005 06:29 AM

In article , Simon ?@?.? writes
I've got three patches of grass and i can remember raking before Winter
but can't remember if i should rake now before the first cut of this
season. Can someone advise me please ?
Thanks.

Spring raking is not usually necessary unless you have a lot of winter
leaf fall or other stuff on the surface which might affect the mower.

If it is a petrol mower which has stood for several months, the fuel in
the tank could have deteriorated and give starting problems.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Simon 19-03-2005 06:35 PM

Alan Gould wrote:

Spring raking is not usually necessary unless you have a lot of
winter leaf fall or other stuff on the surface which might affect the
mower.snipped

I raked this morning (didn't see your posting till Saturday PM), got a
lot of dead stuff up and moss so it was worth doing. I also oiled and
cleaned my trusty manual mower which seems to give a better overall cut
and quicker too than my neighbours electric.

Simon