Old 18-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Simon

Default Question - First Mow Of Season

I've got three patches of grass and i can remember raking before Winter
but can't remember if i should rake now before the first cut of this
season. Can someone advise me please ?
Thanks.

Simon
Old 19-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Simon ?@?.? writes
I've got three patches of grass and i can remember raking before Winter
but can't remember if i should rake now before the first cut of this
season. Can someone advise me please ?
Thanks.

Spring raking is not usually necessary unless you have a lot of winter
leaf fall or other stuff on the surface which might affect the mower.

If it is a petrol mower which has stood for several months, the fuel in
the tank could have deteriorated and give starting problems.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 19-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Simon

Alan Gould wrote:

Spring raking is not usually necessary unless you have a lot of
winter leaf fall or other stuff on the surface which might affect the
mower.snipped

I raked this morning (didn't see your posting till Saturday PM), got a
lot of dead stuff up and moss so it was worth doing. I also oiled and
cleaned my trusty manual mower which seems to give a better overall cut
and quicker too than my neighbours electric.

Simon

First mow of the year? David.WE.Roberts United Kingdom 25 06-03-2014 10:03 PM
First little daffs of the season - first.jpg Ann Garden Photos 1 03-04-2008 02:27 AM
Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
First Mowing Of Season Question M United Kingdom 2 15-04-2006 09:15 PM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM