GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New High Hedge Law comes into force June1st (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91271-new-high-hedge-law-comes-into-force-june1st.html)

nambucca 22-03-2005 04:04 PM

New High Hedge Law comes into force June1st

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

For full details of what you need to do before filing a formal complaint
with your Local Authority see:--

www.hedgeline.org

David 23-03-2005 11:17 AM

But not in Scotland, yet!

"nambucca" wrote in message
Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

For full details of what you need to do before filing a formal complaint
with your Local Authority see:--

www.hedgeline.org

unfortunately not applicable under Scottish Law, yet!
:-(

w.g.s.hamm 23-03-2005 10:28 PM

"nambucca" wrote in message
Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

For full details of what you need to do before filing a formal complaint
with your Local Authority see:--

www.hedgeline.org

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

Nick Maclaren 24-03-2005 10:50 AM

In article ,
w.g.s.hamm fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote:

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

w.g.s.hamm 24-03-2005 01:37 PM

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping

leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.

pk 24-03-2005 02:21 PM

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message

In article ,
w.g.s.hamm fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote:

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping
leylandii down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

Before long, no doubt conveyance solicitors will search council
records of "hedge disputes", just in case a vendor concealed a
dispute with their neighbour. I suspect property buyers and sellers
may find written evidence of difficult neighbours, an even worse
property blight than the hedge itself.

but selling a house now without telling of a neighbour dispute will cause
you problems - no different with the HH bill except there is a soution the
the HH problem

pk

BAC 24-03-2005 05:41 PM

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping

leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.

Not if he doesn't believe he is being unreasonable about his hedge. Watch
out for the phrase 'a matter of principle', usually a precursor to a juicy
and bitterly contested dispute :-)

Nick Maclaren 24-03-2005 06:07 PM

In article ,
"BAC" writes:
| "w.g.s.hamm" wrote in message
|
| Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005
|
| Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping
| leylandii
| down to a reasonable level.
|
| No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
| may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
| which choose not to.
|
| The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
| hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
| ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.
|
| Not if he doesn't believe he is being unreasonable about his hedge. Watch
| out for the phrase 'a matter of principle', usually a precursor to a juicy
| and bitterly contested dispute :-)

Where all sides come out worse off, except for the lawyers ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

w.g.s.hamm 24-03-2005 07:34 PM

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st

2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping

leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.

Not if he doesn't believe he is being unreasonable about his hedge. Watch
out for the phrase 'a matter of principle', usually a precursor to a juicy
and bitterly contested dispute :-)

He knows because he says he will trim it "when he gets a round tuit". The
one time he did pay someone to do the job, the other side was lower than my
side, so he is doing it to annoy me. Ah well, since I planted the clematis
montana and russian vine they are at least prettier. I am amazed at how high
clematis grows.