Old 22-03-2005, 04:04 PM
nambucca

Default New High Hedge Law comes into force June1st

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

For full details of what you need to do before filing a formal complaint
with your Local Authority see:--

www.hedgeline.org

Old 23-03-2005, 11:17 AM
David

But not in Scotland, yet!

"nambucca" wrote in message
Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

For full details of what you need to do before filing a formal complaint
with your Local Authority see:--

www.hedgeline.org

unfortunately not applicable under Scottish Law, yet!
:-(

Old 23-03-2005, 10:28 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"nambucca" wrote in message
Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

For full details of what you need to do before filing a formal complaint
with your Local Authority see:--

www.hedgeline.org

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

Old 24-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
w.g.s.hamm fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote:

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-03-2005, 01:37 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping

leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.

Old 24-03-2005, 05:41 PM
BAC

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping

leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.

Not if he doesn't believe he is being unreasonable about his hedge. Watch
out for the phrase 'a matter of principle', usually a precursor to a juicy
and bitterly contested dispute :-)

Old 24-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"BAC" writes:
| "w.g.s.hamm" wrote in message
|
| Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st 2005
|
| Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping
| leylandii
| down to a reasonable level.
|
| No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
| may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
| which choose not to.
|
| The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
| hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
| ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.
|
| Not if he doesn't believe he is being unreasonable about his hedge. Watch
| out for the phrase 'a matter of principle', usually a precursor to a juicy
| and bitterly contested dispute :-)

Where all sides come out worse off, except for the lawyers ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-03-2005, 07:34 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"nambucca" wrote in message

Finally the New High Hedge Law will come into force on June 1st

2005

Way hay. At last, I can force my neighbour to trim his flipping

leylandii
down to a reasonable level.

No, you can't. At most, you can apply to your local authority, which
may choose to do that. We shall discover which ones choose to, and
which choose not to.

The mere fact that I can get on to the council will get him to trim his
hedge as he regards himself as a pillar of society and would be deeply
ashamed that anyone knew how unreasonable he was about his hedge.

Not if he doesn't believe he is being unreasonable about his hedge. Watch
out for the phrase 'a matter of principle', usually a precursor to a juicy
and bitterly contested dispute :-)

He knows because he says he will trim it "when he gets a round tuit". The
one time he did pay someone to do the job, the other side was lower than my
side, so he is doing it to annoy me. Ah well, since I planted the clematis
montana and russian vine they are at least prettier. I am amazed at how high
clematis grows.

Sell cheap new 25year Air force one sneakers www.24hoursneakers.com Edible Gardening 0 20-06-2008 02:39 PM
Sell Discounts New Air Force one Puma Convers Shox shoes www.24hoursneakers.com Ponds 0 12-06-2008 07:37 PM
High Hedge Law nambucca United Kingdom 1 20-01-2005 08:11 PM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( Dave Millman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:26 AM