Old 23-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Nige

Default Diplodemia - what is it ?

I recently saw a colourful flowering hanging basket plant which had a label
: DIPLODEMIA. I would like to learn as much as possible about this. Cannot
seem to find much so far. Has anyone any ideas?

Old 23-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nige" wrote ..
I recently saw a colourful flowering hanging basket plant which had a label
: DIPLODEMIA. I would like to learn as much as possible about this. Cannot
seem to find much so far. Has anyone any ideas?

You sure it shouldn't be DIPLADENIA ?

--
Regards
Bob

Old 23-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:55:50 +0000 (UTC), "Nige"
wrote:

I recently saw a colourful flowering hanging basket plant which had a label
: DIPLODEMIA. I would like to learn as much as possible about this. Cannot
seem to find much so far. Has anyone any ideas?

Try Googling for diplodenia ore dipladenia.
eg. http://www.bushveld.co.za/pictures-o...ia-flowers.htm

Pam in Bristol
Old 23-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Mike Lyle

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Nige" wrote ..
I recently saw a colourful flowering hanging basket plant which

had
a label
DIPLODEMIA. I would like to learn as much as possible about

this.
Cannot

seem to find much so far. Has anyone any ideas?

You sure it shouldn't be DIPLADENIA ?

What a relief! I was beginning to imagine blood disorders of
dinosaurs.

--
Mike.

Old 24-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Nige

Bob
Yes. You are correct ! The nursery I saw it in had a yellow name tag label
with Diplodemia on it. Mind you this was in Spain so it could be some local
spelling. However looking at Diplodenia I see that the plant is indeed
splendens now called MANDEVILLA. native to tropical Brazil.
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/...andevilla.html
Are these plants popular in UK as hanging baskets ?

Regards
Nige

"Nige" wrote ..

Old 27-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered User

Location: Austria

I have had a diplodemia for several years without knowing its name. Just learned it recently. It was blooming beautifully two years ago, somehow got dried out while we were on holiday and I just barely brought it through the winter. Last year it had a lot of foliage but no blooms. This winter it got a lot of new leaves and has started to bloom magnificently, According to information here in Austria it needs medium light, not too hot in summer, not under 13° C in winter. It needs moist soil, but should not sit in water. Should be fertilized bore it starts ot bloom and not during the flowering season.
In February it should be trimmed back severely. It can be reproduced with cuttings in spring.If the air is too dry it will roll its leaves.

Best regards from Burgenland in Austria, Elizabeth
Regards
Nige

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Nige" wrote ..
I recently saw a colourful flowering hanging basket plant which had a
label : DIPLODEMIA. I would like to learn as much as possible about this.
Cannot seem to find much so far. Has anyone any ideas?

You sure it shouldn't be DIPLADENIA ?

--
Regards
Bob