GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   where to get flowers of sulphur (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9151-where-get-flowers-sulphur.html)

ken sands 16-01-2003 05:30 AM

where to get flowers of sulphur

also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many times as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't know
where I can buy it.

I posted on england.rec.gardening aswell, which of these lists is for me?

Ken.

dave @ stejonda 16-01-2003 08:30 AM

where to get flowers of sulphur

In message , ken sands
writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many times as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't know
where I can buy it.

Chase Organics at http://www.organiccatalog.com/ are selling Yellow
Suplhur for GBP2.90 for a 225g puffer pack.

--
dave @ stejonda

Sch News from Brighton, UK http://www.schnews.org.uk/
John Le Carre on war with Iraq http://commondreams.org/views03/0115-01.htm

Drakanthus 16-01-2003 04:07 PM

where to get flowers of sulphur

writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many

times
as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't

know
where I can buy it.

I bought some from my local chemist a few years ago, presumably it has
medical uses too. I suggest you try Boots or similar.
--
Drakanthus.

( Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the
subject line or emails will never reach me.)

Kay Easton 16-01-2003 06:55 PM

where to get flowers of sulphur

In article ,
Drakanthus writes
writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned many

times
as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I don't

know
where I can buy it.

I bought some from my local chemist a few years ago, presumably it has
medical uses too. I suggest you try Boots or similar.
--

eg in Brimstone and treacle? ;-)
My grandfather (pharmacist in the early 20th C) used to sell that -

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/

ned 16-01-2003 07:34 PM

where to get flowers of sulphur

Drakanthus wrote:
writes
also known as yellow sulphur I believe, I've seen it mentioned
many

times
as
usefull stuff for certain bulbs and to treat some pests but I
don't know where I can buy it.

I bought some from my local chemist a few years ago, presumably it
has medical uses too. I suggest you try Boots or similar.

Yes, that was where I bought mine from, too.
--
ned

paul olive 16-01-2003 09:43 PM

where to get flowers of sulphur

you can get some from chemical catolugues, but you need to be a business
school or home ed to order from the catolouge I know. Luckily i am home ed,
so could get it for you.

[email protected] 17-01-2003 07:28 PM

where to get flowers of sulphur

N A Kay's have sulphur and sulphur chips at £1.99 per 100g for the former,
£2.95 per 750g the latter. I don't know if either of these qualifies as
flowers of sulphur.

Steve