GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Will you name my dwarf conifer? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/91520-will-you-name-my-dwarf-conifer.html)

Anna 28-03-2005 12:17 AM

Will you name my dwarf conifer?

It's been in the my rockery for close to 15 years, but now it's got
too big for it and I've had to move it elsewhere. If I knew what it's
called, I'd love to replace the older specimen with a young one in my
rockery. Would anyone see if they recognize it? Here's a photograph:

http://www.annwil.fsnet.co.uk/

--
Anna

Brian Watson 28-03-2005 08:09 AM

"George"

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

Anna 28-03-2005 09:23 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:09:30 +0100, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

"George"

Tks Brian. If this is the one you mean: Thuja occidentalis ‘George
Washington’, it's described as a *conical* or *golden pyramid*.
While mine is not at all pyramid-like, more like globe-shaped with a
rather pointed top - really more in the shape of a heart upside down.

--
Anna

Ian Cox 28-03-2005 09:36 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:23:41 +0100, Anna wrote:

"George"

Tks Brian. If this is the one you mean: Thuja occidentalis ‘George
Washington’, it's described as a *conical* or *golden pyramid*.
While mine is not at all pyramid-like, more like globe-shaped with a
rather pointed top - really more in the shape of a heart upside down.

listens for sound of penny dropping

;O)

--
Ian Cox
Sutton-in-Ashfield

Emrys Davies 28-03-2005 11:19 AM

"Anna" wrote in message
It's been in the my rockery for close to 15 years, but now it's got
too big for it and I've had to move it elsewhere. If I knew what it's
called, I'd love to replace the older specimen with a young one in my
rockery. Would anyone see if they recognize it? Here's a photograph:

http://www.annwil.fsnet.co.uk/

--
Anna

Is it Chamaecyparis lawsonia Pygmaea Argentea?

http://tinyurl.com/3ow6m

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

JennyC 28-03-2005 11:56 AM

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
"George"
--
Brian

"Mildred"

Jenny :~)

w.g.s.hamm 28-03-2005 01:28 PM

"Anna" wrote in message
It's been in the my rockery for close to 15 years, but now it's got
too big for it and I've had to move it elsewhere. If I knew what it's
called, I'd love to replace the older specimen with a young one in my
rockery. Would anyone see if they recognize it? Here's a photograph:

http://www.annwil.fsnet.co.uk/

It is called martin.

Anna 28-03-2005 03:54 PM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:19:31 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
wrote:
Is it Chamaecyparis lawsonia Pygmaea Argentea?

http://tinyurl.com/3ow6m

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Hey, I really think that's what it is - so grateful to you, Emrys.

All other tongue-in-cheek responses also appreciated ;-)

--
Anna

Brian Watson 29-03-2005 06:59 AM

wrote:

"George"

Tks Brian. If this is the one you mean: Thuja occidentalis 'George
Washington', it's described as a *conical*

It may be described as conical, but it doesn't make me laugh.

--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Brian Watson 29-03-2005 07:00 AM

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
"George"

"Mildred"

We should be sure; it's ability to breed depends on it.

;-)