Old 04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Gardens open near Ludlow 9th and 10th April

I know that not many urglers live near Shropshire (some of you don't
even know where Shropshire is, right?) but for anyone who does happen
to be in the area, there will be five private gardens open in Knowbury
(near Ludlow) next weekend in aid of the South Shropshire Historic
Churches Trust. Admission £3.50, children free. Parking,
refreshments and plant stall in Knowbury Village Hall, where you can
also get your ticket and a map of where to go.

Knowbury is about 5 miles east of Ludlow, (Grid Ref SO575747) and the
gardens will be open from 1 to 6pm on both days. None of them has
been open to the public before.

Yes, ours (Stonybrook) is one of the gardens but be warned that it is
not like anything you might consider as garden! Ours is a wild garden
very much in the making which is managed to encourage wildlife, with a
pond and a stream right along the back boundary. Plenty of places to
sit and enjoy the tranquillity. If by any chance any of you do come,
please come up to me and say hallo.

(Interesting, my spelling checker offers "burglars" in place of
"urglers". I do hope not...)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Reply To address is spam trap
Old 04-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Sally Thompson

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:07:34 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Sally Thompson contains these words:

Yes, ours (Stonybrook) is one of the gardens but be warned that it is
not like anything you might consider as garden!

http://www.stonybrook-ludlow.co.uk

Oh yes it is...I spent a happy half hour in your website the other
day. If I lived near enough I'd certainly come to see those marvellous
ponds and terracing

That's a lovely thing to say Janet - thank you!