Old 04-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Tim Tyler

Default Cheap "wrap-around" pots

My local garden centre seems to keep many of their trees and shrubs
in containers made of black plastic perforated material, wrapped
into a cylinder - and filled with soil.

The material is held together by some sort of stud that goes through
the perforations where the material meets itself.

These pots look *amazingly* cheap and cheerful - and seem to offer
good flexibility in terms of being cut to size. The only additional
expense seems to be an optional saucer to stand them in.

Does anyone know if I can buy the fabric they are made from anywhere?
--
__________
Old 04-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Mike

Does anyone know if I can buy the fabric they are made from anywhere?
--

Tim I have never been afraid of asking someone 'where they got it from
because it looks good'. It gives them satisfaction that someone recognises

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

Old 05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Broadback

Mike wrote:

Does anyone know if I can buy the fabric they are made from anywhere?
--

Tim I have never been afraid of asking someone 'where they got it from
because it looks good'. It gives them satisfaction that someone recognises
that they are doing something right :-)) Go and ask at the Nurseries. They
can do one of two things. Tell you and there is your answer, or tell you
'It's only available to the trade' in which case you ask them to get you
some please. And that works too :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp

Then post the answer here please, I sure there are many others interested.