Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Martin Fairbairn

Default CJ Indiustries scarifier attachment

Some time ago Geoff Rousell posted a reply on this group recommending a
scarifier attachment for petrol lawnmowers (see below). It looks like a
great idea for a medium-sized lawn. However, I'm slightly wary given
Geoff's warning not to stop moving. What happens if you do stop? Are we
talking major lawn damage?!? Has anyone else used this attachment, what has
their experience been with it and do they recommend it?

Many thanks,

Martin Fairbairn

From: Geoff Rousell
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Advice wanted Lawn scarifier
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:34:34 +0000 (UTC)

Joe wrote in newsXeo
:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 at 11:26:37 Linda Deary wrote:

Could anyone give me any information on a scarifier as I am thinking
about buying one .

I bought a Black & Decker, GD200, 11", a few years ago and found it
quite effective not only to scarify the lawn but also to control weed
and moss patches. Without it, I may have had to re-seed the whole lawn.

....or try one of these:

http://www.cjindustries.co.uk/it130001.html

I have one and have found it very effective, althought you do have to keep
the lawnmower moving!

Geoff