Old 24-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Greenhouse: moving one

In message gUSX9.1732$9u5.80703@wards, Paul
writes
I am soon going to move my greenhouse down the garden
The greenhouse is approx. 8 ft x 6 ft, and I would really rather not have to
build a brick supporting base.

I have seen that it is possible to obtain stakes of some kind which can be
embedded in concrete and then attached to the bottom of the greenhouse in
all 4 corners. I've been to a few places locally but have not been able to
find these. Does anyone know a source (supplier/garden centre/store etc.)
preferably in Kent or SE London - or another suitable method?

I guess you could ring round various GH manufacturers and suppliers?

Alternatively what about just using some lengths of angle iron as the
stakes, with suitably drilled holes?

I'd probably attached the stakes to the GH first then concrete into
place when all is square and level.

Don't forget if the GH is on some sort of brick base now then it will
lose some height when moved. Me I still think the effort of a god base
is worthwile.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: