GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Primroses are here! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9295-primroses-here.html)

sacha 30-01-2003 08:00 AM

Primroses are here!

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

cormaic 30-01-2003 03:42 PM

Primroses are here!

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:00:27 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.

I've had primroses in bloom since November! Got me first
snowdrop yesterday, and the crocuseseses should be with me next week
at the latest. :~)

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk

sacha 30-01-2003 06:58 PM

Primroses are here!

in article , cormaic at
wrote on 30/1/03 3:42 pm:

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:00:27 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.

I've had primroses in bloom since November! Got me first
snowdrop yesterday, and the crocuseseses should be with me next week
at the latest. :~)

Wild in the hedgerows, really?! Snowdrops are coming out apace and so are
crocus but the primroses are usually a bit more shy than that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Vera Gade 31-01-2003 01:51 AM

Primroses are here!

snip
Wild in the hedgerows, really?! Snowdrops are coming out apace and so are
crocus but the primroses are usually a bit more shy than that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Got some nice iceflowers on my panes of the glazed terrace - might be
primroses;-)
vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE

cormaic 31-01-2003 01:07 PM

Primroses are here!

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:58:09 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

Wild in the hedgerows, really?!

No - the wild 'native' primroses (purple/violet) are still
hibernating, but the ones I raised specifically for winter pots and
tubs (white, pink and yellow) are in full bloom.

Janet Baraclough 31-01-2003 04:28 PM

Primroses are here!

The message
from sacha contains these words:

in article , cormaic at
wrote on 30/1/03 3:42 pm:

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:00:27 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.

I've had primroses in bloom since November! Got me first
snowdrop yesterday, and the crocuseseses should be with me next week
at the latest. :~)

Wild in the hedgerows, really?! Snowdrops are coming out apace and so are
crocus but the primroses are usually a bit more shy than that.

Daffodils are out in next-door's garden. Snowdrops and crocuses are
out in mine.

Janet (Arran)

sacha 31-01-2003 05:32 PM

Primroses are here!

in article , cormaic at
wrote on 31/1/03 1:07 pm:

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:58:09 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

Wild in the hedgerows, really?!

No - the wild 'native' primroses (purple/violet) are still
hibernating, but the ones I raised specifically for winter pots and
tubs (white, pink and yellow) are in full bloom.

Cheat! Those lovely fat primulas are well out here too but you knew darn
well I was talking about the 'real' thing! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson 31-01-2003 06:02 PM

Primroses are here!

The message
from sacha contains these words:

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I've had the odd flower on my primroses ( the wild one) all through the
winter (S. Lincs) in some spots, looking as if they're struggling
valiantly - but definitely there!

Janet G

david 31-01-2003 06:13 PM

Primroses are here!

" Daffodils are out in next-door's garden. Snowdrops and crocuses are out in
mine......."

Why all the fuss. mine were in flower 10 months ago.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Annabel 31-01-2003 08:45 PM

Primroses are here!

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
in article , cormaic at
wrote on 31/1/03 1:07 pm:

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:58:09 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with

these
worthy thoughts:

Wild in the hedgerows, really?!

No - the wild 'native' primroses (purple/violet) are still
hibernating, but the ones I raised specifically for winter pots and
tubs (white, pink and yellow) are in full bloom.

Cheat! Those lovely fat primulas are well out here too but you knew

darn
well I was talking about the 'real' thing! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mine were purchased as vulgaris many moons ago and the offspring (with
no other primulas in the vicinity ) though somewhat bedraggled, have
nevertheless been in flower for some weeks.

Art

Michael Berridge 03-02-2003 10:53 PM

Primroses are here!

Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson wrote in message
I've had the odd flower on my primroses ( the wild one) all through the
winter (S. Lincs) in some spots, looking as if they're struggling
valiantly - but definitely there!

Snowdrops and crocus and iris reticulata out at the moment here in the
more northern part of Lincolnshire.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk