Old 30-01-2003, 08:00 AM
sacha

Default Primroses are here!

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-01-2003, 03:42 PM
cormaic

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:00:27 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.

I've had primroses in bloom since November! Got me first
snowdrop yesterday, and the crocuseseses should be with me next week
at the latest. :~)

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk
Old 31-01-2003, 01:51 AM
Vera Gade

snip
Wild in the hedgerows, really?! Snowdrops are coming out apace and so are
crocus but the primroses are usually a bit more shy than that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Got some nice iceflowers on my panes of the glazed terrace - might be
primroses;-)
vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE
Old 31-01-2003, 01:07 PM
cormaic

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:58:09 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these
worthy thoughts:

Wild in the hedgerows, really?!

No - the wild 'native' primroses (purple/violet) are still
hibernating, but the ones I raised specifically for winter pots and
tubs (white, pink and yellow) are in full bloom.

Old 31-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message
from sacha contains these words:

We've seen a few clumps of primroses blooming in sheltered spots - a very
welcome sight.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I've had the odd flower on my primroses ( the wild one) all through the
winter (S. Lincs) in some spots, looking as if they're struggling
valiantly - but definitely there!

Janet G
Old 31-01-2003, 06:13 PM
david

" Daffodils are out in next-door's garden. Snowdrops and crocuses are out in
mine......."

Why all the fuss. mine were in flower 10 months ago.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 31-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Annabel

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
in article , cormaic at
wrote on 31/1/03 1:07 pm:

'Twas Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:58:09 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with

these
worthy thoughts:

Wild in the hedgerows, really?!

No - the wild 'native' primroses (purple/violet) are still
hibernating, but the ones I raised specifically for winter pots and
tubs (white, pink and yellow) are in full bloom.

Cheat! Those lovely fat primulas are well out here too but you knew

darn
well I was talking about the 'real' thing! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mine were purchased as vulgaris many moons ago and the offspring (with
no other primulas in the vicinity ) though somewhat bedraggled, have
nevertheless been in flower for some weeks.

Art

Old 03-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Michael Berridge

Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson wrote in message
I've had the odd flower on my primroses ( the wild one) all through the
winter (S. Lincs) in some spots, looking as if they're struggling
valiantly - but definitely there!

Snowdrops and crocus and iris reticulata out at the moment here in the
more northern part of Lincolnshire.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Hardy English Primroses Pat Jordan Gardening 2 09-06-2004 01:25 PM
Hardy English Primroses Pat Jordan Gardening 2 09-06-2004 11:26 AM
Primroses Aphodius United Kingdom 2 07-09-2003 10:04 PM
Mexican Evening Primroses Grandpa Gardening 0 22-08-2003 06:02 PM
Primroses Barry & Iris McCanna United Kingdom 1 05-01-2003 10:24 PM