GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   YUKKA plant - shade (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/93000-yukka-plant-shade.html)

crowflies 24-04-2005 10:28 PM

YUKKA plant - shade

I have a yucca plant I just got from a garden centre. It says it can take
shade, so I have it in a hallway which is fairly shady, i.e.. no full sun at
all. It has 3 stems, the mid sized one has started to shed leaves and when I
felt the stem it was soft and squashy - can anyone advise what this is - am
I overwatering, is it sick or does it just need more light? the other two
stems are fine and new shoots continue to grow from them

--
Regards,

crowflies

Kay 25-04-2005 08:52 AM

In article ,
crowflies writes
I have a yucca plant I just got from a garden centre. It says it can take
shade, so I have it in a hallway which is fairly shady, i.e.. no full sun at
all. It has 3 stems, the mid sized one has started to shed leaves and when I
felt the stem it was soft and squashy - can anyone advise what this is - am
I overwatering, is it sick or does it just need more light? the other two
stems are fine and new shoots continue to grow from them

Too much shade would show itself in etiolated pale leaves. Squashy stem
means that that stem is rotting - probably over-watering.
--
Kay