Old 24-04-2005, 10:28 PM
crowflies

Default YUKKA plant - shade

I have a yucca plant I just got from a garden centre. It says it can take
shade, so I have it in a hallway which is fairly shady, i.e.. no full sun at
all. It has 3 stems, the mid sized one has started to shed leaves and when I
felt the stem it was soft and squashy - can anyone advise what this is - am
I overwatering, is it sick or does it just need more light? the other two
stems are fine and new shoots continue to grow from them

--
Regards,

crowflies

Old 25-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Kay

In article ,
crowflies writes
I have a yucca plant I just got from a garden centre. It says it can take
shade, so I have it in a hallway which is fairly shady, i.e.. no full sun at
all. It has 3 stems, the mid sized one has started to shed leaves and when I
felt the stem it was soft and squashy - can anyone advise what this is - am
I overwatering, is it sick or does it just need more light? the other two
stems are fine and new shoots continue to grow from them

Too much shade would show itself in etiolated pale leaves. Squashy stem
means that that stem is rotting - probably over-watering.
--
Kay

Yukka - outdoors? Lord0 United Kingdom 3 20-03-2007 12:25 PM
Source for shade canopies and shade cloth [email protected] North Carolina 0 06-05-2005 09:08 PM
Yukka hits the roof... David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 7 10-04-2005 10:34 AM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM
broken yukka... sheila North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:34 PM