GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tree kill (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9323-tree-kill.html)

Sam I Am 02-02-2003 09:15 PM

tree kill

Hello all,

I live in NY,where we had harsh winter this year. We have columnar junipers
planted around the house. Due to the heavy snows, the trees have been
weighed down. One fell over, partially knocked over, while others seem to
have been split. Will they spring back up in the Spring or should I tie them
up?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Sam

Scott L. Hadley 02-02-2003 11:50 PM

tree kill

Speaking from another heavy snow region of the US: some support will be
needed for the ones bent over. No girdling. Can be temporarily tied in with
soft rope. Later use eyebolts and wire cable. I am concerned about the
splits, though. Usually means a clean pruning cut needed. You can email me
if you want to go into this further.